Click Below to View the Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Tail / Stop Light Lens and Door Replacement and Restoration

As you can see, my light light housings needed some attention. I removed the old bulbs and scraped the gaskets off.




I used a wire wheel to remove the bits of stuck on gasket, paint and dirt. The holes that the lenses will attach to were rounded out. The screws will not tighten in these holes. To fix this, I used a punch to pound the metal back. See below, the hole is rounded out. Now scroll to the next pic.


See below, this is after I pounded the hole so it is no longer rounded. This will give the lens screws some metal to grab on to.


I then used some gasket silicone around the edges inside edges, see the photo below. This is not to seal anything, it is to hold the gasket in place.


 Below you can see that I put the house in and how the gasket is in place. This gasket will not stay in place or stay to the shape of the lens without the silicone. I also put in a new bulb. I used some electrical contact grease in the bulb and in the wire sockets behind the housing (not shown).


Here is the finished housing with new lenses and doors.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment