Click Below to View the Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Frame Prepared and Painted - Cab Backwards

May 19, 2018

Today I plan to prepare and paint the frame from the back of the cab back. I will remove the old fuel tank, fuel lie, rear bumper and wiring. Then de-grease, pressure wash, mask, prime and paint.


Here is is pressure washed and ready to mask.




Masked and ready for some primer and paint.



The pain I am using is the Summit Racing Chassis Paint SUM-1402. I bought 6 cans and ended up using 5 of them just for this area. It took more paint that the description said, but that is not a big deal, I will just need to order more later for the rest of the job.

I liked the paint. It went on very evenly and did not run. The spray pattern was very nice and consistent. I found that it took a long time to set though. It was a couple days before the paint was no longer soft.







My next task will be putting in the new rear mount fuel tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment