Click Below to View the Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Friday, August 3, 2018

Spray-in Bed Liner Prep and Application

Finally we had a break in the weather today and it corresponded with my day off. We have had a heat wave of about 4 weeks of over 100 degrees. The last couple days have been cooler (mid 90's) and today started of very cool (high 70's). I took this break in the heat to spray in the bed liner that I have been holding on to for a couple months.

I decided to use SEM's Rock-IT Liner. I got it from Summit, but did a price match on Amazon with Summit which saved me about $30. I paid $120.


The kit came with 4 quarts of liner, catalyst, spray gun, measuring cup and instructions. It did not come with the air adapter. I had to screw one from another tool into the gun, no big deal. I used heavy rubber gloves and a face mask when I mixed and sprayed.


My prep was easy. I had already pressure washed, treated rust areas and primed where needed. I sanded down the areas that I had previously used some light body filler and blew out the bed. (the shiny spots is the rust treatment). Here is my masking job. 


I sprayed it lightly with about 3 coats. I put on all 4 quarts as evenly as I could.


Here is the masking removed / finished product. Much nicer than before!!


You can see below the nice tight / clean lines that this stuff can make. I used a good brand masking tape (Duck Brand). There was absolutely no runs or seeping behind the tape. It made for some great sharp lines!




Here you can see how nice and clean the filler neck customization turned out. I love the finished product.




No comments:

Post a Comment