Click Below to View the Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Friday, May 25, 2018

Repairs to Tail/Stop/Turn Light Wire Harness

My Tail/Stop/Turn light wiring was a mess. There was more than one place where trailer light plugs had bed spliced in. I also had broken and bare wires and exposed wiring. I cleaned it all up and put it back to a satisfactory condition. I put it back in the frame afterwards using 2 new rubber wire grommets that I got from LMC Truck. Before installing the grommets, I used a pair of wire cutters to cut the grommet from the narrow end up to the grove were it would sit in the frame... I didn't cut it all the way through. You can see in the very last picture below where I cut... only the exposed part you see in that photo is cut.

I also cut out the old license plate light pigtail. Someone cut it off right at the housing which made it useless. Once I cut that out, I added 2 plugs that will later be used to plug in my new license plate lights.








No comments:

Post a Comment