Click Below to View the Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Thursday, May 24, 2018

Engine Components Removal

May 12, 2018

Today I started to take off the parts that I either don not plan to use, need to remove or need to replace. More or less I was just killing time and making a "to do" and parts list.

Truck box: Not going to put back on.


I am going to with black again on the firewall and Ford blue on the engine. The red, now pink heater hoses have got to go. The wiring is a mess... I took a lot of short cuts in my younger days.







Yes, that is a Rochester Quadra-Jet. It will be replaced with an Edelbrock. Valve covers are going away too. They will be replaced with aluminum.




As you can see, there will be a lot of parts replaced here along with a lot of prep and paint work. I found a lot of short cuts taken here. I also found that the body shop back in 93 did not put all the fasteners back in place. Radiator, side panels, grill, radiator supports, battery hold downs and more were all missing nuts and bolts. I will be correcting all of that.



No comments:

Post a Comment