Click Below to View the Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Sunday, June 3, 2018

Tail Gate Handle and Bumpers

The old tailgate bumper was hard as a rock. It was easy to pop out and put in the new one.


You can see in the below photo that I also installed the lower bumper. I had to remove this though because after I put the tailgate back on, I found that the gate would not close. There is no way this bumper every worked on this truck.


Here is my original handle. Missing screws and no gasket.


Here is my new gasket, screws and handle bumper.


After removing the handle screws, there are two pins to pull out to remove the handle. The bumper was not used. There should be a hole for it to go in between the handle and the handle housing, but there was not. This bumper does not fit this truck. Glad it was cheap.


I cleaned up the inside of the handle with the wire wheel.


I used some gasket silicone to hold the gasket in place.



I put it back together and below is how it looks.




No comments:

Post a Comment