Click Below to View the Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Engine Detailing and New Parts - UPGRADES!!!



As you can see t=below, the engine has a lot of work needed to make it shine again.




Here I started tearing it apart.



What a mess


I sued latex gloves and plastic bags with zip ties to cap any tubing.



I sprayed the headers with a rust remover and inhibitor spray.


Here the Ford blue parts are parted.




Headers are painted with a high temp flat black. I also painted the exhaust manifold where it showed rust and high heat areas.


After masking off the engine and truck, I painted the firewall, front and fender wells.





I replaced the header gaskets with RemFlex gaskets. These things are supposed to be the best.




After slipping them in place, I stated with the whole on the bottom front and back to get it all aligned.


Old rotor, points and condenser out....


New rotor and Pertronix Igniter Electronic Ignition in.


Old valve covers are off. I am very happy with how clean it is under the covers! I oiled everything up good here before installing the new aluminum Edelbrock covers.


New valve cover, Edelbrock 600 cfm (1407) carburetor, heater hoses, water pump, Pertronix chrome coil, vacuum advance, cap, Carter fuel pump, fuel line and oil filter. You can see that I also started replacing the bolts that will be seen with stainless steal.


New belt, thermostat and alternator.


Wiring is going in. This is rough in the below photo. Everything will be tied up nicely and inside a very clean looking mesh loom.


Here is the drivers side wire loom all finished.


New aluminum radiator, flex fan, Edelbrock air cleaner all installed. I put the power steering back in and did some touch up painting.







To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment