Click Below to View the Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Monday, August 27, 2018

Paint Seal, Wax and New Tires


I am finally to the point where the truck is ready to drive. At the end of last week I got notice from DMV that my Retro Black Personalize plates had arrived. I went in and got them and paid up the registration.

So the next thing I decided to do was get truck washed and clay bar'd. This took about 6 hours to do. There was a ton of grit that the clay bar got up. Below is a pic of the 20 years of so of dirt that had settled on the hood. I went through 3 clay bars, they started out white and in the end, all but the last one was solid black.


Friday evening, I used Car Guys Liquid wax to seal the paint. This stuff went on really easy. After it hazed over it was very easy to remove, nothing like other waxes I have used.


After about 12 hours of cure time, I then used the Car Guys Hybrid Wax to finish it off.


These products were both very easy to use and their ease of use alone are worth their extra cost. I took her for the first drive on Saturday. I immediately found that the tires all had major flat spots. The truck was jumping all of the place because of it, so I had to break down and buy 4 new tires.


No comments:

Post a Comment