Click Below to View the Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Monday, August 27, 2018

Aluminum Rim Oxidation Cleanup

After cleaning up my rims I found a lot of oxidation and stains. I tried rubbing, buffing and polishing and no amount of work would remove it. 



I found some good reviews on a product called White Diamond and decided to give it a try.



It was pretty straight forward, apply some to a cloth then rub it until it turned black, let it sit for 1 minutes then wipe off.


Below is the result of my test area and to my great surprise, it worked pretty darn good!


At this point I decided to rub in the entire rim by hand applying the White Diamond to cover the whole thing. I then used my drill with a polishing wheel and polish the whole wheel with that power tool. I let it sit for about a minute, maybe more like 5, and then hand rubbed all of the polish off the wheel.


Success! This stuff is awesome!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment