Click Below to View the Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery

Monday, August 20, 2018

Cover Holes Left by The Old Towing Mirrors

Since I am not going to repaint this truck, I need to find creative ways to cover and/or fix blemishes. One such blemish is the holes left over by the old towing mirrors.

Not a great picture, but as you can see below the holes. I was just going to pop in some chrome button caps, but these holes are such an odd diameter, that none that I could find would fit.


I decided to take two different approaches. First, I used a pair of Chrome Button Head bolts to fill the top holes. Here you can see them installed. You can also see well the major smashing damage that was done by the body shop after they over-tightened the old mirrors on soft paint. There is nothing I can do to fix this.


Next I decided to get a pair of "390" emblems off of ebay. These are stock on the 1965 Ford Mustang. I personally like the way they came out.



All in all, I am very pleased :)


No comments:

Post a Comment